Monday, August 27, 2012

Orville and Wilbur Wright would have approved of my Surly Mountain Bikes!

I was introduced to the Surly brand a couple of years ago.  The company has been around for a decade but I am a Fred and it takes a while for me to catch up.  I will never go back.  One, there are beer bottle openers on the bike!  Two, there is a drunk guy that actually answers the phone when you call (I've called).  Three, the bikes are modern but old school at the same time.





 Four, you can turn these bikes into anything that you can dream up.  I ride my Karate Monkey like a selfish little kid who is hoarding the best piece of candy.  One day not on the monkey is like a day forever lost.  Then there is my 1x1 which waits faithfully for it's master.  I get on the 1x1 and I feel like I can go anywhere and do anything (literally) and that's not a bad feeling for a fat guy!



 When picking a bike for a ride I feel like a dad choosing between two sons.  If both bikes had wings I know these could fly.  With that being said I have decided the name them Orville and Wilbur.

Wilbur


The 1x1 is Orville and Karate Monkey in Wilbur.  After riding these bikes I want to take my Specialized and crush it into dust.  I am so disappointed in my 2011 Rockhopper that I want to throw up on a regular basis.  Orville consistently gives me KOMs on Strava and Wilbur gives me a personal record everytime I ride. Two wrongs don't make a right just like Two Wrights don't make it wrong.

Orville

No comments:

Post a Comment