Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bicycling 4 Hunger on 66

Capt. Bill Catlett " This May, I will leave Southern California in the first part of my trek to Missouri – Captain Bill’s Ride for Childhood Hunger.I will turn 65 on April 7. I expect it will take me six or eight weeks to get to Missouri, although time is not my driving force. I will stay on Hwy 66 as much as possible because I love the “old highway” and its memories. I will see the sights and points of interest along the way. I will enjoy my dream that means a lot to me at my own pace.

My goal is to use this ride to raise critical funds for local programs addressing the issue of childhood hunger – something that I understand all too well. And that is why I have partnered with Inland Empire United Way and Inland Valley Hope Partners, two agencies feeding underprivileged children every week. I hope you will help me make sure that other kids don’t have to experience the feeling of hunger in a way that I did back in Missouri as a child. If you are so willing, please take a look at my website and consider making a donation toward the cause. It will mean a lot to me…and even more to local hungry kids. Whether you can contribute $10 or $10,000, every dollar counts! "


Bicycling 4 Hunger on 66

No comments:

Post a Comment